Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh, noooooooo!

I feared this would happen. First I joined a cacti and succulent group. Then I poked fun at them. Then I found myself shopping for new succulent plants. Then, and this is the part I feared most--I made a label for the pot: "pleiospilos nelii." Yes, I've stooped to labeling succulents. The next thing you know, I'll be trying to grow them from seed. I wonder if there is a support group. I could organize one. CSA--Cacti and Succulents Anonymous. Anyway, after I planted the five pleiospilos nelii into a pretty red pot, I covered the sand and gravel with my best aqua pebbles. Somebody stop me!

3 comments:

Julie said...

OMG!!! LOLOL!!! You sound like me...this is getting out of hand! I love my succulents! Come visit my blog!!! I will have a look around yours right now! This is a lovely thing you potted up here!!! I have one of these plants in my succulent tires, and so far I have kept it alive (maybe 6 months already)!!! Hee hee hee...hope it continues!
Julie

Anonymous said...

you could try sketching your cacti with Terri and her Cactus Monday group http://painteddaisies.blogspot.com/

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

Okay, Carol, here's ANOTHER thing we have in common. I have a fascination with cacti and succulents, and especially with agave... so evil looking... I got hooked after a trip to Arizona several years ago. I just found out that there is actually a variety that will survive the winters here near Charlotte, North Carolina (zone 7, I think), and I want one! Susan