Friday, December 26, 2008

Got The Butter Out, or A Tale of Accidental Dye Discharge













Krissy always has her camera ready. She snapped this one while I was standing in the parking lot of the Crab Trap. Phyllis loaned me her handy travel-sized spot remover so that I could try to get the butter out of my T-shirt. The sauteed scallops were very good, but very buttery and I must have been hungry and sloppy. The spot remover didn't work, so I tried a 24-hour soak with another spot remover when we got to the condo. Still no luck. When we got back from Florida, I tried an extra-strength stain remover that I had at home. TA-DA! Got the butter out, but got some of the dye out, too. This is why the label says, "always test in an inconspicuous area before treating garment."






No comments: