-Carol Morrissey-

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Pillowcases for Christmas

It seems like children get way too much stuff for Christmas.  So much that they are overwhelmed by it all.  Hmmm, I'm sounding like a...grandma, which I am.  I'll bet my own grandparents said the same thing when my cousins and I were little.  My maternal grandparents gave each of us cousins a paper sack with an orange, an apple, some nuts and candy and $1.00.  But that was when a dollar would buy five gallons of gas!  My paternal grandparents were more indulgent, as I was an only grandchild on that side for a long time.  Dolls--I still have Daisy--and other toys, until I began reading, and then every year I received a subscription to National Geographic.  I loved every issue.  Anyway, this year we got simple gifts for the six grandkids and grandniece and nephew, but I made everyone a pillowcase and put them on pillows.  Here are five of the eight that I made.  They loved them!  I think I'll do this every year.

2 comments:

lynda Howells said...

They are gorgeousxlucky grandchildfren.xxlynda

Sac Hermes Bolide said...

he answer is yes P90x Reviews. French fashion house has confirmed the Brit model as the face of their Boy Chanel handbag collection. [Karl Lagerfeld] a crush with this unique, charismatic dude, who's both one and musician, during the photo shoot several months ago, Chanel told WWD Px90. This previously unforeseen alliance finally became self-evident. Alice Dellal represents the most perfect incarnation off which is unique in regards to the Boy Chanel handbag collection, which strives [to be] not even close conformist notions of femininity.
Yep, Dellal is anything but conventional. And even her trademark punk-rock uniform, the petite 24-year-old is actually a drummer while in the band Thrush Metal and will remain found larking for the streets based in london with Pixie Geldof. Shes far from blonde bombshell Blake Lively, whos the existing face of Chanels Mademoiselle range, but Lagerfeld is acknowledged for his eclectic taste, previously casting Lily Allen for the Cocoon bag range during the past year Beats by Dre. Even greater, Alice's androgyny will work brilliantly with the 'Boy' collection Px90 Workout. How refreshing Beats by Dre Earphones. P90x Workout